Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hungry & BLOODY annoyed!!!

I don't normally lose my temper that easily unless it really gets to me. Or if I do get upset over something I try not to show it....

But just now.. I almost had it.... but thank goodness, I didn't. For reasons of.. 1) Im sure it'd get back to me 2) its not professional 3) nda kuasa marah2 arah org tua ani.....

Ok so what happened?

There were supposed to be 3 of us today but one of my col left for a meeting just before 10am and said she would not return to work until PM. Patients were booked in for the 3 of us.. so u can imagine the back load we had. Referrals from peripheral clinics, appointed patients and school referrals. ALL came today. And I was hungry. We normally get a short break at 10am.. but I continued on. Coz patients come 1st.

No break... my tummy grumbling... patients nonstop.. tat was fine... until.....

Came this one patient. An old man with his wife. He blamed us for the delay in seeing him. Well you see.. it wasnt our fault. He registered at the wrong counter. Cut story short, so I saw him. He wasnt too happy at the time, but I carried on.

Few mins into the examination, the wife asked me to speak louder.. he was hard of hearing. So... I spoke a bit louder than usual.. even my staff could hear me from outside my room.. yes, I was that loud today. For anyone who knows me... I am not loud ok...

At the end of the test, I was explaining to the patient that surgery would really help to improve his eyesight. The husband got round to the idea that glasses wouldn't really help, but NOT the wife. The wife kept on persisting to have the prescription for the glasses but I stood my ground that glasses were not necessary. So they kinda left 'empty handed'.....

Then something the wife said really steamed me up that I had to go to the toilet.. and calmed myself down before I saw my next patient!!

She said.... " Eh ngalih ngalih saja... sampai kul 11.. bah laju tah"
Sooooooooooooooooo ungrateful!!!

1st it wasn't even my fault that the husband was seen late...
2nd... I was being professional about the whole situation... Layan them as I would with other patients.. Being asked to speak louder I did... Explained the current condition the husbands having nicely
3rd I was trying to save them some $$$$$$$$!! Glasses are not cheap!! Whats the point of having them if it doesn't improve your eyesight right? [ Well, I didn't want them to come back n complain that the glasses didnt help... likeeeeeeeeeee duhhhhhhhhhhh!!! What have I been saying?]

But afterall my politeness, patience... what did I get? Ungrateful patient-accompanying-person!!! Seriously.. whats the deal??

EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee geram nya aku!! :S

Finally finished all patients 11.30am.. and that was no break from 8am! *sigh*

But im all goooooooood now... hehe that was this morning :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home